Purchasing Policies and Procedures Manual
Table of Contents
THIS PAGE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND SOME POLICIES MAY NOT BE CURRENT - UPDATES WILL BEGIN IN JANUARY 2014
SECTION 2. PURCHASING AUTHORITIES AND CODE OF CONDUCT
SECTION 3. CLIENT RELATIONS
3.2 Department Outreach/Visits*
3.3 Expedites (Quotes, Bids, Payments)*
3.4 Protocol for Responding to Questions/Tracking Down Files*
SECTION 4. OUTSIDE APPROVALS/REVIEWS OF REQUISITIONS
SECTION 5. HAZARDOUS MATERIALS/EQUIPMENT
5.1 EHS Review/Approval*
SECTION 6. FEDERAL/STATE SMALL BUSINESS PROGRAMS
6.6 Out of State Reciprocity*
SECTION 7. ACQUISITION PROCEDURES
7.2 Pre-Buy Reviews
7.2.1 Unauthorized Purchases*
7.2.3 NOT USED (Deleted: Contracts, State, Local, E & I)
7.2.3a NOT USED (Deleted: Use of E&I Cooperative Contracts)
7.2.4 NOT USED (Deleted: Petty Cash)
7.2.10 Contractors License*
7.2.11 Insurance Requirements/Risk Management Issues*
7.2.12 Capital Project Office (CPO) Review/Approval*
7.3 Buying Methods
7.3.9 Special Handling Orders (Delete see 7.3.10)
7.4 File Documentation
7.4.5 Letter of Intent*
7.5 Completing the Contract
7.5.4 Encumbrance Adjustment Process*
7.6 Post Award
7.6.1 Duplicate Requisitions*(PAS)
7.7 Seeking Assistance
7.7.3 Facility Management Office (FMO)*
7.8 UW International Programs
SECTION 8. SPECIAL COMMODITY PROCEDURES
8.9 Cylinder Gases*
8.16 Facility Maintenance, Repair, Installation/Public Works*
SECTION 9. PAYMENT TECHNIQUES
9.1 Expedite Payments*
9.2 Letter of Credit*
9.5 Third Party Financing*
SECTION 10. VENDOR INTERACTIONS
10.6 NETid and Wireless Access Sponsored Accounts (pending 1-25-14)
SECTION 11. CONTRACT MANAGEMENT (IN PROCESS)
11.1 Supplier Notification of Contract Availability(pending 3-10-14)
SECTION 12. ACCOUNTS PAYABLE INTERFACE
12.1 General Overview*
12.1.1 Flow of Documents*
12.2 Invoice Processing*
12.4.2 Credit Memos*
SECTION 13. PAS ORDERS (Under construction)
SECTION 14. ARIBA ORDERS (Under construction)
Policy / Procedure Review Context:
Beginning in the winter of 2013, Claudia Christensen and John Watkins set about to review and make any necessary revisions to the Purchasing Policies and Procedures. Kyle Richard has replaced John Watkins on this project.
Procedure: Once the policy/procedure was reviewed:
- The old procedure will be saved to the I://groups/procurement/Purchasing/purchmanual/archived-procedures folder as a PDF document with the following nomenclature: Section-Title-archived-date archived. For example: "8.8-FoodAndEntertainmentPurchases-archived-032003".
Note: the team has created a PDF template to use to ensure common look/feel of the procedures posted online.
- The new or revised policy will be noted with the date it was added and who reviewed or revised it.
- The new or revised policy will be saved to the I drive (I:\groups\procurement\Purchasing\purchmanual) under the folder with the section it pertains to. (for example, 2.1.1-ProcurementLimitationsDISAuthority resides in the folder called "Section 2 - Purchasing Authorities and Code of Conduct".
- The reviewed and revised policy will be linked to the Purchasing Policies & Procedures page on the intranet as a PDF document.
Note: When attaching a PDF in Drupal, please do not include blank spaces in the title.
- Notice of the newly reviewed/revised/added policy will be communicated to the Procurement Services Staff via an email announcement titled: POLICIES AND PROCEDURES UPDATE and in the weekly staff newsletter.