The University is committed to Supplier Diversity by maintaining purchasing practices that promote and expand contracting opportunities for diverse suppliers.
Purchasing Services is the professional contracting and strategic sourcing arm of Procurement Services, a “procure-to-pay” (wing-to-wing) business service unit within Financial Management at the University of Washington.
Purchasing Services is committed to ensuring that minority-owned, women-owned, small, disadvantaged, HUB Zone, veteran-owned and service-disabled-veteran owned businesses have the maximum practicable opportunity to participate in purchasing and contracting at the University of Washington. We strive to increase the depth and diversity of our supplier pool by promoting fair and open access to the business community.
Purchasing Services is committed to supplier diversity because it provides the UW campus with a broad array of choice and diversity contributes to the expansion of the local marketplace and strengthens our supply base. In addition, when we diversify the university’s supplier portfolio, it increases our ability to secure better pricing, higher quality products and services through increased competitive bid participation.
Purchasing Services' buying staff functions with raised awareness of the purchasing considerations necessary to increase supplier diversity and to maximize contracting opportunities for diverse suppliers.
- Policy and Guidelines- providing fair and open access for all
- Outreach Activity-reaching out to diverse suppliers
- Goals and Measurement -increasing opportunities for diverse suppliers
- How to Locate and Select Diverse Suppliers -finding certified suppliers
- Small Business Subcontracting Plan - required for federal contracts over $700,000. For questions and assistance identifying small and diverse businesses, contact email@example.com