What qualifies as a Services payment?
Used to pay personal services, excluding Honoraria, and must include an invoice from the individual for services provided.
- Editing / Reviewing
- Strategic Planning
Know before you begin
- Payments are subject to the Direct Buy Limit and current purchasing policies
- If a service invoice is over the Direct Buy Limit, do not split the invoice into two separate P2I payments.
- Payments should not be processed more than two weeks in advance of the date of activity
- Courtesy and Affiliate appointments in HEPPS do not count as UW employees. Service payments can go through P2I
- Logic has been built in to the P2I Independent Contractor Status Verification questions. If you are unsure whether a person should be considered an employee or independent contractor, contact the tax office at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appropriate invoice required
The individual's written invoice must contain the following information:
- "Remit to" address;
- Description and period of service;
- Date(s) work was performed;
- Breakdown of hourly rates;
- Number of hours worked;
- Total amount due
How to pay a Service in P2I
- Log in to eProcurement: Click on the "eProcurement Login" image in the quick links box (right-hand side of the browser window)
- Click on the Home tab
- Click Create, then Payment to Individual
- Enter the Title (if possible, include the Payee's last name)
- Select the Citizenship Status of the individual
- Select Services as the Type of Payment
- Enter the date of activity
- Tip: Payment should not be processed (XP created) more than 2 weeks in advance of date of activity. If activity spans over multiple days – enter the last date of the last day of the activity.
- Answer the Independent Contractor Status Verification questions about individual
- Enter Payee Information
- Click Next
- Add Business Purpose and Amount
- Choose Budget Number
- Click Add to add the item
- Tip: For split accounting by dollar amount, users can copy the item and edit the budget number and dollar amount
- Once all items are added, click Next
- Review payment for accuracy
- Add any comments
- Click Add Attachments to upload scanned attachments (or invoice for service payment type). Do not include personal information like bank account details or address information in either the comments field or on the attachments
- Click Submit
Have questions? Contact email@example.com.