What qualifies as a Non-UW Scholarship payment?
Used to pay scholarships or "stipends" to Non-UW students or Non-UW employees.
- Department awarding a scholarship to a student attending a different school
- Paying a Non-UW individual for participating in a training or conference
Know before you begin
What is a stipend?
A payment that is made to an individual to support a training or learning experience. For a payment to be considered a stipend, certain criteria must be met.
- Stipends are not considered wages if they are payment for a training or learning experience and not a payment for services rendered
- See Stipend Payments for more information
How do I pay a stipend to a UW employee or student?
Employee stipends can be paid through Payroll
- Generally, employee stipends are not considered taxable wages
Student stipends should be paid through Student Fiscal Services
- Student stipends will be reported at year end on a 1098-T tax form
How to pay a Non-UW Scholarship in P2I
- Log in to eProcurement: Click on the "eProcurement Login" image in the quick links box (right-hand side of the browser window)
- Click on the Home tab
- Click Create, then Payment to Individual
- Enter the Title (if possible, include the Payee's last name)
- Select the Citizenship Status of the individual
- Select Non-UW Scholarship as the Type of Payment
- Enter the date of activity
- Tip: Enter whichever date makes the most sense for the payment
- Enter Payee Information
- Click Next
- Add Business Purpose and Amount
- Choose Budget Number
- Click Add to add the item
- Tip: For split accounting by dollar amount, users can copy the item and edit the budget number and dollar amount
- Once all items are added, click Next
- Review payment for accuracy
- Add any comments
- Click Add Attachments to upload scanned attachments (or invoice for service payment type). Do not include personal information like bank account details or address information in either the comments field or on the attachments
- Click Submit
Have questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.