Refunds to and from UW
Refunds payable to UW
Are you looking for information on how to handle cash or checks received in your department?
See the new Cash Management website!
Refunds may be made by a supplier to the University for a variety of reasons:
Advise the vendor to reference the Purchase Order number on all correspondence, checks or credit memos.
Payment made to the wrong vendor:
Damaged Goods/Returned Merchandise:
- Contact the vendor to request a Returned Goods Memo (or use this RGM Form) or authorization from the vendor for the return.
- Return the actual items to the vendor along with a copy of the Returned Goods Memo or authorization.
- Request the vendor send a check or credit memo to Accounts Payable at Box 351120.
- Advise the vendor to reference the invoice number or purchase order number, where applicable.
- Accounts Payable will credit the original invoice upon receipt of a credit from the vendor.
The University returns funds to individuals and companies for a variety of reasons; including overpayments, duplicate payments, payments received in error, key deposits, cancellations and reimbursement to sponsors for the value of the meal. The form used to request a refund depends upon the type of budget being used.
For refunds from revenue budgets
These are budgets which can accept revenue for goods and services (examples are 07, 09, 14 and 16 budgets. To initiate a refund from a revenue budget, complete a Refund Check Request (UoW1768)
For refunds from all other (non-revenue) budgets