Refunds to and from UW
Refunds payable to UW
Are you looking for information on how to handle cash or checks received in your department?
See the new Cash Management website!
Refunds may be made by a supplier to the University for a variety of reasons:
Advise the vendor to reference the Purchase Order number on all correspondence, checks or credit memos.
Payment made to the wrong vendor:
Damaged Goods/Returned Merchandise:
- Contact the vendor to request a Returned Goods Memo (or use this RGM Form) or authorization from the vendor for the return.
- Return the actual items to the vendor along with a copy of the Returned Goods Memo or authorization.
- Request the vendor send a check or credit memo to Accounts Payable at Box 351120.
- Advise the vendor to reference the invoice number or purchase order number, where applicable.
- Accounts Payable will credit the original invoice upon receipt of a credit from the vendor.
For refunds from revenue budgets
For refunds from all other (non-revenue) budgets