What is an eReimbursement?
eReimbursement is a form in Ariba used to reimburse individuals for purchases of goods they have made on behalf of the UW.
Reimbursements are for rare occasions when other procurement methods are not an option. Seeking reimbursement for UW purchases of goods made with personal funds should be done only as a last resort.
As with other procurement methods, you must have department approval. It is not best practice for individuals to use their personal funds when making purchases related to UW business. This should be done only as a last resort, and with express prior approval of your administrator or dean (whichever is appropriate).
eReimbursements can be identified in MyFD with the unique identifier prefix "XR."
All individuals seeking or approving reimbursements should be familiar with our “what’s not allowed” section of our page below.
Starting 6/3 the eReimbursement form will be enhanced to allow reimbursements to individuals who are not employees of the University of Washington.
- This enhancement will only be for reimbursing individuals for personal funds used on behalf of university business.
- The information on the "what's not allowed" below is still applicable.
- Payment for Non UW individuals will only be made by check payment.
- For these reimbursements, current Funding approvers will still be included for approval, as will a central office Reimbursement Reviewer. Please allow 48 hours for this review to be completed.
What is NOT allowed on eReimbursement
For more information on what is not allowed on eReimbursement, click here to view the table.
Know Before You Begin
- Make sure your budget has Funding Approver set up in ASTRA before you initiate an eReimbursement. If there is no Funding Approver the reimbursement will be rejected back to the department.
- Reimbursements are subject to review and audit, and some cases may result in non-reimbursement or request for repayment.
- Any XR that is pending approval for 20 days will have reminders sent out. After 30 days the system will reject the XR.
- It is the department's responsiblity to make sure purchases being reimbursed are appropriate and allowable per budget or grant requirements.
- Account codes are limited in eReimbursements; 04 account codes are not available in eReimbursements because they are travel codes and must go through eTravel.
eReimbursement is open access, meaning anyone with access to eProcurement will be able to view an eReimbursement and initiate one to themselves or another individual.
- University Bookstore- Departments can create their own policy on how they manage the 10% rebate earned through University Book Store purchases. If your department policy requires the purchaser to pursue the rebate from the UW Bookstore, then this amount must be deducted from the amount of the reimbursement.
- Departments should be familiar with the University's food policy. Ensure forms for food purchases are kept on file in your department.
- Taxability determination is responsibility of the department.
- Users should not include personal information (bank accounts, credit or debit card numbers, etc) and should take care to block out personal information on the receipts.
- A receipt is a written acknowledgment of having received, or taken into one's possesion, a specified amount of money, goods, etc. A receipt is not a confirmation notice or quote.
- Receipts should be itemized to show exactly what was purchased. For example, if a meal is being reimbursed, include the itemized receipt showing the food and beverages being purchased at that meal.
- Receipts should be electronically attached to the eReimbursement form within Ariba as the document of record.
- The size limit for an attachment in Ariba is 4MB.
- For destruction of receipts after scanning, each department must create a scanning policy that is in compliance with Records Management.
- Note: $75 Receipt Waiver
- OFM has approved a receipt requirements waiver for purchases up to $75 which has been reviewed and approved by UW Internal Audit.
- It is not mandatory to use the $75 receipt waiver. However, individual departments have the discretion to implement this. If a department decides to use the waiver, then it must be written in the department's internal policies, contingency procedures and communicated to those impacted by the change.
- The purpose of the waiver is to save departments time from chasing after missing documentation of allowable department purchases that is evident of its business purpose, i.e. registration, membership fee, office supplies, etc. Departments may require purchase receipts or documentation for transactions that have a high risk of fraud or misuse.
- It is strongly recommended that departments thoroughly review and understand the budget Reconciliation Guidelines, as well as the records retention guidelines on a regular basis.
- If a receipt is in a spouse or someone else's name, reimburse the person whose name the receipt is in using eReimbursement for a Non-UW Employee.
Once the eReimbursement is submitted, the system automatically sends the Funding Approver an email notification that contains a link to access Ariba directly for approving the request.
Optionally, the approver can:
- Login to Ariba from the Procurement Services home page using the Click to Access UW eProcurement quick link
- Click on the eReimbursement Tab
- Click on the eReimbursement ID or Title link under To Do
- Review and click Approve or Deny
- Provide comment and click OK
If the individual being reimbursed did not prepare the eReimbursement then they will also need to login to approve before payment is released. By initiating or approving your reimbursement you are indicating the purchases were made on behalf of the University of Washington.
eReimbursment approver roles must be designated in ASTRA (Access to Systems, Tools, Resources and Applications) by department authorizers. Each department has one or more individuals who may authorize users.
Funding Approvers are a required role and can approve reimbursements based on budget or organization code. Funding Approvers cannot approve their own reimbursements.
Compliance Approver and Watcher roles are optional and available for departments to establish through ASTRA.
ASTRA authorizations that are designated by 6:00 pm become effective in eReimbursement the following day.
Additional approvers can be added to each eReimbursement on an ad hoc basis. Please note that these added approvers are additional and do not replace the approvers that are already part of the approval graph.
Routing for Reimbursements:
- The Funding Approver is a required approver for every reimbursement.
- If the payee is a UW Employee, and they are not preparing the reimbursement, the payee will need to login to Ariba to approve reimbursement before payment is released.
- If the payee is a Non-UW Individual, central office (Reimbursement Approver) will be added to the approval graph to review the payment for compliance. Please allow 48 hours for this review to be completed.
- If the reimbursement is for equipment, Equipment Inventory Office may be added to the approval graph for review and approval.
- Reimbursements over $3,500 will require central office (Reimbursement Approver) review for compliance.
Employees: Employees who currently receive their payroll by direct deposit to their bank account will be able to choose to receive their reimbursement by direct deposit to the same account. Payee direct deposit information must be current and accurate. Employees or individuals with appointments with UW can update their bank information through ESS. Employees who do not recieve payroll direct deposit will receive reimbursement by check, mailed to a designated campus box number.
Non-UW Individuals- Payment to individuals who are not employees can only be issued by check. The check can be sent to either the payee's address or a campus box number.
Review our eReimbursement FAQs.
Please see our Getting Started Gude
Please visit our Independent Study page to view an eLearning for How to Create an eReimbursement.
We are happy to assist you with any questions and can be reached by email or phone:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 206-543-4500