Revised Access and Use Agreement
On Tuesday, February 19th, a revised Access and Use Agreement was published in support of updated UW policies. Users of MyFinancial.desktop may be required to accept the new agreement the first time they log in to MyFD. For a preview of this new agreement, please visit: https://uwnetid.washington.edu/agree/?view=idaatest&version=2.0&appid=&appname=&appurl=
Get MyFD News by e-mail
To subscribe for up to date information regarding MyFD, please sign up for the listserv.
Many of you took a significant amount of your time to respond to the Financial System Needs Assessment (FSNA). In total, 3,265 votes were cast for the budget reconciliation requirements. We thank you for providing us with the information the MyFD team needed to help build an online reconciliation system that is truly representative of campus user needs. Learn more about the Reconciliation Report.
Data & Reporting Changes for eProcurement Transactions
MyFD users who rely on the Transaction Summary Report reference fields, or Queries, to identify and report on eProcurement transactions will want to read more about upcoming eInvoicing changes.
Significant changes will be made to how eInvoices (for eProcurement transactions) are processed by the Purchasing (PAS) and Financial (FAS) systems. This change will result in the ability to better report data related to purchasing transactions. We want to make sure you are aware of these changes, in particular if you use data downloads, MyFD queries or extracts to produce your own financial reports or analysis.
Currently, eInvoices are processed using the FAStrans upload process and result in transactions being coded with a TC65. On November 1st, the eProcurement Team will implement a change which will allow all eInvoices to be processed as TC44s and passed through PAS for processing. Vendors who are not set up for eInvoicing will continue to have invoices processed as TC65s.
Users who rely on the Transaction Summary Report reference fields, or Queries, to identify and report on eProcurement transactions may need to modify their saved queries in MyFD in order for reporting of eProcurement transactions to be accurate beginning November 1, 2010.
Please review the information below to assist in how to modify saved queries to pull all data relating to eProcurement transactions and how to use the Transaction Summary Report to identify eInvoicing transactions.
To identify eInvoices, from eProcurement, by way of a MyFD Query:
NOTE: these are abbreviated steps designed for those who are very familiar with running queries. If you need help building a query, please sign up for on of our trainings or contact our customer support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open a saved query, or build a new query using the Transaction Summary template
Make sure you have a filter set to the following:
- Field: Transaction Code
- Operator: In val 1, val 2, val3
- Value: 44, 65
- After the query has been run, and results have been received, the data can be sorted in Excel. In Excel, you can arrange the eInvoicing transactions and group them together for easy reporting. These transactions will all begin with an EI prefix and be found in the Transaction Reference 1 field in your query results.
To further refine your results adding an additional line of filtering criteria may be helpful if you only want to identify eInvoicing transactions.
- Field: Transaction Reference 1
- Operator: Like:*wildcarded
- Value: EI*
To identify eInvoices (TC44s) , from eProcurement, on the MyFD Transaction Summary Report:
- Left Reference Field: This field will contain the Ariba PO number. The reference number will be preceded with an EI.
- Right Reference Field: This filed will contain the Vendor Invoice number.
NOTE: Previously, the right reference field (2nd reference column) contained the “S” number (the Ariba requisition number). After November 1st the “S” number will no longer be processed with eInvoicing transactions and will only be available in the Ariba system.
- Transaction Detail Report (accessible from any single transaction): All four reference fields contained in FAS are available.
- Reference field 1: Ariba Order #
- Reference field 2: Short document sequence invoice number (eg: 99427080)
- Reference field 3: Vendor Invoice #
- Reference field 4: Long document sequence invoice number (eg: 99427080146)
To identify non e-Invoicing Transactions (TC65s), from eProcurement, on the MyFD Transaction Summary Report : (No change to current reporting)
- Left Reference Field: This field will contain the Ariba PO number. The reference number will be preceeded with an EP.
- Right Reference Field: This filed will contain the “S” number (the Ariba requisition number).
Transaction Detail Report (accessible from any single transaction): All four reference fields contained in FAS are available.
- Reference field 1: Ariba Order #
- Reference field 2: Ariba Requisition # (“S” number)
- Reference field 3: Phone number
- Reference field 4: Currently blank