The proposal process for global research must consider a range of factors beyond those associated with research conducted in the U.S. These factors include:
- Coordinating with existing in-country human subjects review processes
- Effects of currency exchange rates
- How to make funds available in-country
- Purchasing logistics
- Entry/exit visa requirements in-country for research faculty, staff and students
- Whether legal status is required
- IT infrastructure in-country
- Export controls
Detailed information about operating research projects internationally can be found in the International Projects Administrative Guide.
Researchers with operational questions should consult the Global Single Points of Contact list for additional assistance.