Information about state and local sales tax issues such as taxability of items, exemptions and deferrals.
- Tax Training - Classes offered by the UW Tax Office
- Purchasing Goods and Services - Tax information related to buying
- Use tax - Information about sales and use tax when using a revolving fund
- Selling Goods and Services - Tax information related to selling
- Exemption for Research Related Machinery and Equipment - Research related exemption
- Deferral for High Tech Research Related Building Construction - Research related deferral
- High Technology Deferral - University Policy and Procedure - Additional information about the high tech deferral
- High Technology Deferral Definitions
- Taxability and Suggested Object Code Grid
While the State of Washington requires the University of Washington to pay sales tax, many states exempt certain entities from paying their state's sales tax.
- University Sales Tax Exemptions - Other States - matrix containing exemption certificates for various states
Information about Federal tax issues such as Unrelated Business Income Tax, Federal taxation of certain payments and other Federal tax matters.
- Employee or Independent Contractor? - Help determining whether to hire someone as an employee or independent contractor
- Stipend Payments - Information about stipends
- UW Tax Exempt Status - Information about the University's exempt status
- Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT) - Federal tax on external sales that are not related to the University's mission
- Student Prizes and Awards - Information on how to pay a student a prize or award
- 2013 requirements - information about new withholding and reporting requirements
Links to the Global Support page with information about Foreign National Payments and Taxation.
- ITIN FAQs - Individual Taxpayer Identification Number information
City of Seattle business license - The Seattle business license allows the UW to conduct business in the city.