The Federal Office of Management and Budget (OMB) has issued consolidated and revised regulations pertaining to federal awards (Uniform Guidance), which took effect December 26, 2014. These regulations supersede Circulars A-21, A-110, and A-133.
UW sponsored program policies (Grants Information Memoranda/GIMs) have been updated to conform to the Uniform Guidance:
Uniform Guidance provisions involving Procurement Standards will go into effect for UW July 1, 2017.
Links to the Federal Uniform Guidance
- Federal Uniform Guidance - Federal Register
- Federal Uniform Guidance - Electronic Code of Federal Regulations (eCFR)
UW Guides to the Federal Uniform Guidance
These handouts are quick reference guides intended to assist PIs and Administrators as they navigate the areas of the new guidance that have changed from the previous federal regulations.
- PI & Admin Quick Guide to New Federal Regulations
- PI Quick Guide to New Federal Regulations
- Uniform Guidance Application Matrix (updated 3/31/2015)
Guidance for Proposal Development
Vital information for departments working on grants that will be funded on or after 12/26/2014
These circulars may still apply to awards issued prior to 12/26/14. Review your award document for the applicable federal regulations.