Marine and Transit Exposures
Equipment Insurance Covers
- Equipment on a RESEARCH VESSEL (including to/from Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Territories & Possessions) up to $250K limit. Coverage is worldwide.
- Air Transit up to $300K Value.
Short Term Marine/Air Transit Insurance Covers
- Equipment on a Research Vessel with a value that exceeds $250K
- Waterborne Equipment NOT on a Research Vessel
- Equipment in transit to/from Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, US Territories & Possessions via any conveyance other than a Research Vessel with value that exceeds $250K.
- Air Transit with a value greater than $300K value
Short Term Marine Transit Covers
- Shipping equipment via a vessel
- Equipment in use while on board vessel
- Associated Ground transportation
- Associated storage
How Much Does it Cost?
- Cost depends on coverage required and value of equipment to be insured.
How Long Does it Take?
- Turnaround depends on complexity of coverage & completeness of submitted application.
- Allow 1 week turnaround between application submission & quote
Marine/Air Short Term Transit is insured by Navigators Insurance Company
Equipment Located Underwater
- Submerged or Equipment located on the water is NOT eligible for coverage on Equipment Insurance.
- Underwater exposure coverage requests are submitted to various insurers for quotes.
Note: coverage can be expensive and difficult to place.
Submit Underwater Exposure Questionnaire via email to email@example.com to request a quote. (Allow 2 week turnaround between application submission & quote)