Asset Liability Management (ALM)
Asset Liability Management (ALM) provides financing and advisory support to campus. ALM’s primary charge is the management and oversight of the University’s short and long term capital needs. Other services include:
Administration of internal debt financing programs
- Internal Lending Program (ILP)
- Financing Assets Short-Term (FAST)
- Policy and financial analysis support to campus and the Board or Regents
- Issuing and repaying external debt
Senior Associate Treasurer
Treasury Operations (TOPS)
Treasury Operations (TOPS) manages financial operations of the UW investment and debt portfolios through strategic partnerships with the Board of Regents, Advancement, University of Washington Investment Company (UWINCO), Asset Liability Management (ALM), donors, alumni, campus schools and colleges, administrative units and students. TOPs strives to provide seamless operations and excellent customer service to the campus community.
Areas of focus include:
- Administration and accounting for the University’s endowment, operating pools and externally managed trusts
- Management the Life Income Program
- Management the Technology Transfer Portfolio
- Management of the stock gift program
Senior Associated Treasurer
University of Washington Investment Management Company (UWINCO)
The University of Washington Investment Management Company (UWINCO) is the investment office for the UW and operates as a separate, self-sustaining unit of the university. All endowment assets are managed by UWINCO and held in the university's name. The Board of Regents maintains policy oversight with investment advisory support from the UWINCO Board.
The UWINCO team is led by the Chief Investment Officer and consists of a group of investment professionals and operational staff. The total market value of assets overseen by UWINCO was $4.6 billion as of June 30, 2015, and consists of the $3.0 billion endowment (Consolidated Endowment Fund or CEF) and the $1.6 billion operating funds (Invested Funds or IF).