The Recognition Treat is an informal form of recognition given to express personal appreciation of a co-worker’s noteworthy job performance. Recognition Treats can express gratitude for a job well done and encourage positive work habits.
After you fill out the form:
- An email is sent to the RQT rep, informing them of the award and your reason for giving it.
- The rep will then review the award, and, if it meets the criteria, forward the award to the recipient via email.
- The rep will then give the recipient a pack(1 serving) of Starbucks Via Instant Coffee and a pack(1 serving) of Crystal Light as a reward for their good work.
Guidelines for giving Recognition Treats
- Recognition Treats must be work-related and given in connection to quality work performance.
- You must include a specific example of the recipient’s quality work in action.
- You cannot give a Recognition Treat to thank someone for giving you or others RQT awards.
- You can give Recognition Treats to University employees outside of FM/SM.
Poor Examples: Not good reasons for Recognition Treats -- these would be denied:
- "Gabe always waves to me and says hello."
- "Dina gave me a ride home from work when my car broke down."
- "Jeff treated me to lunch yesterday."
Good Examples: Strong reasons for a Reconigtion Treat to recognize a co-worker:
- "Thank you, Rick, for staying late to finish the project last night. Because of your efforts we met an emergency order on a tight deadline."
- "To Becky, for going out of your way to help with a project that was outside of your area of responsibilities. You set aside your own busy schedule briefly to help me finish a project I needed help on."
- "Thank you, Sarah, for being so organized and having things planned out even before I need to ask, like yesterday when you rearranged my schedule after that unexpected urgent meeting came up."
- "Thank you, Dave, for all your hard work during this really busy time of the year. You handled the additional work without complaint and did an excellent job."
- "Thank you, Fred, for doing such a good job of filling in for me while I was on vacation. I don’t have nearly as much catching up to do as I might have. Thanks!"
- "Rachel took extra time out of her day to clean up the staff fridge in the staff break room. No one really has this responsibility, but it needs to be done periodically, regardless, to keep us all healthy. A huge thank you!"
If you would like to recognize a colleague, please complete and submit the online RECOGNITION TREAT FORM.
This is a simple and timely way to say "Thank you!"