What is HR/Payroll Modernization?
HR/Payroll Modernization (HR/P) is a major initiative to replace the University's 33-year-old legacy payroll system with a modern, integrated human resources and payroll system. As the name reflects, HR/Payroll Modernization encompasses more than replacing a system. It also will provide a set of standardized processes to significantly improve support for critical HR and payroll work across the University, including the Medical Centers.
Sneak Peek at Workday!
View this video for a sneak peek at our new HR and payroll system.
The project is now in the Test phase. Upon completion of the Test and Deploy phases, the HR/Payroll Modernization program team will deliver a configured and tested Workday system and processes to significantly improve critical HR and payroll work across the University.
The key objectives of the Test phase are to:
- Conduct HR/Payroll testing to ensure requirements are met
- UW data is converted and validated
- Integrations and reports are developed, tested and deployed
- The University community is educated and receives communications on the new system and process chagnes
- The University community is prepared for the new system and process changes
- An assessment is conducted for overall readiness for cutover and go-live (launch)
- The operating structure is staffed and operationalized
- All program projects are prepared for go-live
Workday to Provide HR/P Solution
Workday, Inc. (NYSE: WDAY), a provider of enterprise Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) for human resources and finance, is providing the HR/payroll solution. With the SaaS approach, Workday provides access to a shared multi-tenant system using a web interface and the university pays on a subscription basis. The solution will help simplify the UW's internal technology maintenance functions and ensure that UW is always on the latest software release. IBM is partnering with Workday to provide implementation services. Watch a video about some of Workday's capabilities.