Welcome to the Diversity Team website!
The mission of the Diversity Team is to create awareness and promote diversity within Financial Management, Treasury, and Strategy Management, by identifying and coordinating activities that provide professional and personal growth.
Our objectives are to:
- Support Financial Management, Treasury, and Strategy Management's mission, vision and strategies to attract and retain a talented and diverse staff. Our aim is to foster an environment where productivity and job satisfaction are maximized.
- Offer a mentoring program for staff, including an annual pair launch workshop, development workshops, participant recognition and evaluation. The Diversity Team will monitor, promote and evaluate the program’s overall effectiveness.
- Offer programs and communications to staff to help build awareness and appreciation for diversity.
- Serve as a diversity advocate by sharing information.
- Build and strengthen relationships within the University community.
We offer the following events and programs:
- Mentoring Program
- Quarterly newsletter, "Diversity Connections"
- Events such as brown bags, talent shows and potlucks -- watch your e-mail or view our calendar for upcoming events
- Find out about other Diversity events at the UW by clicking here