Core Accessibility Documentation
ADA Section 508
ADA Section 508 is the federal law which mandates accessibility requirements for websites.
WCAG 2.0 Guidelines
- WCAG 2.0 Guidelines from the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). We must comply with level A of these guidelines.
- WCAG 2.0 checklist from W3C.
WCAG 2.0 Cheat Sheets
- Firefox Accessibility Extension- A powerful Firefox extension that can be used by disabled people to browse as well as web developers to test for accessibility. Provides a variety of reports and tools.
- Functional Accessibility Evaluator - A website which will, upon submission of a URL, produce a report which evaluates the accessibility of the site. I like the report on this one because you can look at all the pages of your site at once if you create a (free) login account. The report then can be sorted in several ways and saved on their site.
- WAVE gives a visual report of errors and items of note.
- Cynthia Says gives a detailed report as well as a table to let you know if you "passed" or not.
- HTML Tidy scans for accessibility and the HTML problems on your site and gives you a report.
- Wendy Chisholm's Web Accessibility Training Course