Visitors and Students
- understand your responsibilities
- obtain approval(s)
- review guidelines when personal time/travel is combined with UW business (if applicable)
- review limits on type of expenses and receipt guidelines
- check with sponsoring department for additional travel requirements
- contact sponsoring department for specifics on arranging travel on your behalf
- you may arrange your own travel
- Departments may use: Central Travel Account (CTA)
- personal funds and get reimbursed
A living allowance can be issued to Foreign Nationals coming to Seattle.
Required Documentation if travler is entering U.S. :
- Copy of identity page from passport.
- Copy of visa (except non-Visa Waiver program)
- Port of entry stamp
- Copy of DS-2019 for J1 scholars.
- Copy of I-20 for F1 students.
- If the foreign national is Canadian, a copy of either his/her driver's license and social insurance card or copy of identity page in passport
- Traveler on a B2 or WT are limited to 9 days of reimbursement for meal and lodging per diem
If address is too long to fit in check delivery information...
- select UW Box
- have check sent to preparer
- reroute check through U.S. postal service