Per Diem Advance
UW employees who do not have an UW individual corporate travel card or are traveling to remote locations where a charge card may not be accepted may request a per diem advance before the trip to defray necessary reimbursable travel costs. An advance may not be used to purchase:
- expenses in connection with the use of a personal car
- expenses for others
- requestor must be a UW employee with no outstanding advance(s)
- must be active UW employee in HEPPS (UW payroll system) more than 10 business days after trip.
- stipend, student, and hourly employees will require 64 discretionary budget.
- amount of advance is based on allowable per diem rates of location and period of travel (cannot exceed 90 days)
- must occur before trip (however do not submit more than 30 days before trip)
- request must be at least $300
- create an Expense Report (ER) for each per diem advance request in eTravel using allowable per diem rates for period/location of travel. Must be submitted and approved at least 3-5 business days before trip occurs.
- request will be reviewed approximatley 10 days prior to trip
* For full amount choose both per diem advance requested meals and per diem advance requested lodging.
- reconcile the advance in eTravel 10 days from date of return ( create new ER) and add a comment to reconciled ER in Ariba listing requested ER number. Budget on reconciled ER must match budget on requested ER. Complete an Expense Transfer in MyFD to add a project, option, or task code.
Default on Repayment
Unpaid amount shall become immediately due and payable with interest of 10% annum from date of default until paid. See IRS regulations.
*pick up is not available for travel checks