- General Fund Budget
- Grant or Contract Budget
- When Claimant is the Authorized Person
- attests that all charges incurred for UW business are
- attests that same expenses have not been and will not be otherwise claimed and reimbursed
- submits receipts in original formats* (link to glossary) to preparer if not self-prepared
- reviews completed ER prior to compliance approval
- approves or denies ER
*Select Claimant as the appropriate Paid By method for each item and enter the other travelers' names in the ER comment section. Please also include purpose of trip, home address (city and state), and duty station (city and state) for other traveler in the ER comment section. Meals paid for others is separate from this and are reimbursed at actual costs as evidenced by receipts and cannot exceed the allowable meal per diem rate per person according to the location of travel.
- in most cases is the traveler’s direct report person
- reviews ER to confirm adherence to departmental, university, and state policies
- certifies that all receipts are valid and in original format
- reviews reimbursement ensuring costs are directly work related, most economical, and necessary for university business
- ensures same expenses have not been previously submitted or otherwise reimbursed
- edits ER if necessary
- approves or denies ER
- sends receipts in original formats with ER print version to Travel Office
Hotel listed by organziation operating conference as the conference hotel.
- maintains a residence which is used as a primary domicile by the employee
- is registered to vote
- driver's license is issued
- faculty, staff, or student employee in UW Payroll System with UW NetID
- completes ER for themselves or for another
- ensures all receipts are valid and in original formats
- completes ER following department, university, and state policies
- provides receipts in original formats to compliance approver
- obtains signatures on ER print version from Non-UW and student travelers who are not UW employees
- submits ER
- withdraws and edits ER prior to compliance approval
prospective employees are limited to applicants being considered for academic positions above the rank of instructor, or professional, or administrative employees in supervisory positions.
with prior written approval from an authorized person. Prospective employee travel expenses for a classified position may be reimbursed when the classified position is essential to carrying out the critical work of a department.
- Paper - vendor receipts that indicate proof of payment (scan and attch to ER in ARIBA)
- Electronic (eReceipt) - vendor receipts originally received in electronic format that indicate proof of payment, attach to ER in ARIBA.
- on behalf of the University/State
- more than 50 miles one way (most direct route) from either your official station or your official residence, exclusive of commuting between your official station and official residence