When you register for courses at the University of Washington, you are obligated to pay the associated tuition and related fees for those classes unless you officially drop your classes by the end of the first week of the quarter. You are billed tuition based on the number of credit hours (including
audit courses ) that you are registered for at the beginning of the quarter.
Tuition rates are maintained by the Office of Planning and Budgeting and are based on your grade classification, residency status, tuition tier and the total number of credit hours for which you are registered. This includes classes that you audit. Rates differ depending on which campus you attend, due to slight variations in Services & Activities fees.
For questions regarding tuition and fee distribution, please visit the Planning and Budgeting website for contact information.
Useful links for questions about:
- Processing/payment of tuition and fees contact Student Fiscal Services
- Financial Aid contact the Office of Student Financial Aid:
- Residency status and definitions contact the Residence Classification Office
- Graduate service appointments contact the Graduate School
- Fee-based programs contact Professional and Continuing Education
Tuition Rates are set and published by the Office of Planning & Budgeting