Scholarships - Third Party Billing
The UW Student Fiscal Services Office (SFS) handles scholarship processing and sponsor billing for all students.
For all Sponsors (including foreign embassy sponsors):
Before we can send an invoice, SFS needs a copy of the billing letter, payment voucher, field order or billing contract from the sponsor. This document must contain the student name, UW student number and the allowable fees.
Please send documents to:
129 Schmitz Hall. Box 355871
Seattle. WA 98195.
Payments received after the tuition due date may have a late fee charge added on the student’s account. The student will be responsible for paying any amount that you do not pay.
For U.S. Military & Government Sponsors:
Once we receive the tuition assistance form, purchase order or contract, we will process the tuition payment for the student. We will send you the invoices after the add/drop period, which is 30 days after the quarter starts. The student will be responsible for paying any amount that you do not pay.
Please send documents to:
129 Schmitz Hall, Box 355871
Seattle, WA 98195
After we receive your billing information, we will send a tuition invoice to your sponsor. Any amount your sponsor does not pay is your responsibility. As soon as it is available, bring the sponsor billing information to the SFS office, or fax it to 206-685-2942.
- We only bill for students whose billing agreement includes information for the current quarter.
- Students sponsored by a US government agency, Army, Navy or Air Force, please contact your sponsor to send a purchase order, contract, or tuition assistance form to SFS.
- For ROTC students, please contact the ROTC unit on campus for your scholarship eligibility and payment questions.
- Army ROTC : 206-543-9010
- Navy ROTC: 206-543-0170
- Air Force ROTC: 206-543-2360
- Active duty military students, please bring your active duty ID card to the Residence office in Schmitz Hall, room 264. We will update your student record and charge you resident tuition instead of nonresident tuition.
- Students sponsored by a 529 Plan in another state, please ask the state to send us the billing information and the payment unit price.
- For government agencies, UW encourages you to make ACH direct deposit payments to our bank account. For details, please contact us at 206-543-4694 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you will be paying with a government credit card, please call our office at 206-543-4694.
- When we receive your scholarship check, we will post the money to your tuition account.
- If you do not see the scholarship money posted on your account, we have not received the check yet. Please contact your sponsor to ask about your payment status.
- A sponsor will pay my tuition, what should I do?
- Please send the billing information to SFS. We will send an invoice to your sponsor.
- When is tuition due?
- The tuition due date is the third Friday of each quarter.
- Why do I see a balance due on my account when I have a sponsor who pays my tuition?
- We have either not received payment from your sponsor or the balance on your account is from the fees that your sponsor did not pay and for which you are responsible.
- Why do I have a hold on my account?
- SFS places a hold on students’ accounts who owe more than $50 after the tuition due date. Once the balance is paid, the hold will be removed.
- My sponsor sent a scholarship check to UW for me, but I do not see it on my account?
- If this check is sent to SFS during the quarter break, you will not see the money until the next quarter starts.
- Is scholarship money taxable?
- Yes, all scholarship money is generally considered taxable income. However, some or all of your scholarship money may be considered non-taxable if you have qualifying tuition and related expenses. Please consult a tax advisor if you have questions regarding your personal tax situation.
- Does SFS offer any scholarship money to students?
- No. SFS handles the payment process; we do not award scholarship money to students. You may check the Financial Aid website for private scholarship resources.
- How does SFS process my scholarship money?
- If the amount of the check is more than $3000, SFS will divide the scholarship money over three quarters. If the amount is less than $3000, the money will be posted by the instructions from your sponsor.
- May I get my scholarship money if I withdraw from UW?
- No. If you completely withdraw from UW, we will return the scholarship money to your sponsor. If you withdraw from the current quarter, we may move the money to the next quarter.
- Who should I call if I want to return unused scholarship money to my sponsor?
- Please call 206-543-4694 or email email@example.com Please be sure to have your student number ready when you call, or include it in your email.
- May I prepay more than one year of tuition and fees?
- Please call SFS at: 206-543-4694 to discuss this request.