Acceptance of Credit Cards on Campus
The University of Washington accepts the use of credit cards by campus units to assist in the expansion of their customer base for products and services.
Campus units that wish to process credit card payments at their locations must first establish a merchant account through Student Fiscal Services. The following steps are required prior to establish a merchant account:
- Read the University of Washington Compliance Policy for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
- Read the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
- Determine the means by which you will process those payments.
- Understand the costs associated with processing credit card payments .
- Have the Chair/Dean/Director within your office sign the Request to Accept Credit Cards confirming that they have read the University of Washington Compliance Policy for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards and that they are aware of the initial and ongoing responsibilities required of a department accepting credit cards as a form of payment.
- Complete and return Request to Accept Credit Cards to Student Fiscal Services.
Administrator of Merchant Card Contract
Student Fiscal Services
Phone: 206-616-7070 Fax: 206-543-7714