The University of Washington accepts the use of credit cards by campus units to assist in the expansion of their customer base for products and services.
New to credit cards?
Please check out our How Credit Card Processing Works at UW page for introductory credit card information.
Establishing A Merchant Account
The following steps are required in order to establish a merchant account:
1. Read the University of Washington Compliance Policy for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
2. Read the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
3. Determine the means by which you will process those payments.
4. Understand the costs associated with processing credit card payments.
5. Understand how funds are credited/debited for credit card revenue and fees.
6. Have the Chair/Dean/Director within your office sign the appropriate form from the Request to Accept Credit Cards page confirming that they have read the University of Washington Compliance Policy for Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards and that they are aware of the initial and ongoing responsibilities required of a department accepting credit cards as a form of payment.
7. Complete and return the appropriate form from the Request to Accept Credit Cards page to Student Fiscal Services.