Storage Request Forms
Watch our video that walks you through the storage process.
Please note: we have updated our storage request process and we now use an electronic version of the storage request instead of paper. The storage request should be sent via firstname.lastname@example.org instead of fax or mail.
Use this storage request form for all of your record storage needs.
- Click on the link to the storage request form
- Input your storage request
- Save in the Excel format
- Submit electronically via email@example.com
- We are now asking for the name of the departmental Records Coordinator on the form.
The Records Coordinator is the person designated in your department to be the main liaison with University Records Management Services. They will receive the Accession Confirmation report confirming the receipt, retention and storage location of the boxes on the storage request form. You may continue to add an additional contact who we can call to arrange for the pickup of the boxes. If you are not sure who your Records Coordinator is, please contact us at 206-543-0573.
NOTE: As of April 1, 2014, we will only accept electronic storage request forms.
Questions? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 206.543.6512.
Tips on Completing the Storage Request Form
Trigger Date of Box
The retention trigger date tells us when to start the countdown for the retention period. Please fill in this field for the following types of records:
- For financial records for grants and contracts, the trigger is found in GrantTracker. Click here for steps to locating this date in GrantTracker.
- For research and grant administration records the trigger is the anticipated study close date.
- For student records, the trigger date is graduation or last contact.
- For all other records please leave this box blank.
If you're unsure what the end date should be please call us at 543-0573
Description Field-what should I put in this field?
- Include the date range of box contents (items already past retention will not be accepted for storage!)
- For research records, please include the name of the study and the PI.
- Any other description of contents which will be useful for tracking the box-- types of documents, budget numbers, alpha and numeric ranges, etc.
- You may find it useful to keep a complete inventory / detailed packing list in a separate document for your reference.