Creating an eReimbursement
|Know before you begin:||
Steps for Creating an eReimbursement
|Starting September 1, 2012, Procurement Services will reject all employee reimbursements submitted via check request. All employee reimbursements (not travel related) must be submitted through eReimbursements.|
- Login to Ariba from the Procurement Services home page using the Click to Access UW eProcurement quick link or with the following URL:
- Click on Create-->Reimbursement
- Ariba will assign a unique number for your reimbursement that starts with XR. This number will show on the budget similar to the ER for eTravel.
- Give the reimbursement a title meaningful to your department
- Verify the reimbursement is not for Travel
- Indicate if the payee is a UW employee. If no, select their assocation with the university. Options are "Student" or "Other." If "Other" is selected, explain what their affiliation is, i.e. Visitor, Consultant, etc.
- NOTE: The Payee is the person being reimbursed. The Payee field is required and can be the preparer of the XR. If the payee is an employee, select the name from the search menu. If the person is a Non-UW individual, enter the payee name in the blank box provided.
- If Food or Beverages were purchased click yes, indicate whether budget is approved for food or not, if not complete and keep on file the 1798 form. Food reimbursements are subject to applicable per diem rates. Note in the comments box the number of attendees at events to verify expense are within per diem limits for the approvers.
- If the Payee is an employee, payment option defaults to direct deposit into the Payee's bank account, but can be changed to check. If the Payee is not receiving payroll direct deposit they will receive a paper check even if they click on direct deposit. Payee direct deposit information must be current and accurate. Individuals with appointments/employment with UW can update their bank information through ESS. If the Payee is not a UW employee, payment will be issued as a check. The check can be mailed to a campus box number or the Payee's address.
- UW Box Number must be completed whether Payee is receiving direct deposit or check
- Click Next in bottom right corner
- Add Items by describing the expense and business purpose
- Enter the amount to be reimbursed (this includes sales tax paid). This can be the total of several receipts or broken down by receipt
- Indicate whether sales tax was paid or not. If tax was not paid use tax will be assessed at Seattle rate. The amount can be over-rode with a different dollar amount. If use tax amount is changed, or if tax exempt box is flagged, user should include explanation in the comments box. More information is available on the UW Tax Office website.
- Choose budget number and account codes (list of account/object codes is here). The account codes available in eReimbursement is limited to the most frequently used expenditure codes
- SubSubObject code, Task, Option, Project are optional fields
- Click Add
- You can add additional items by completing section 2 again and clicking ADD. You can also copy items already added and edit them by clicking select. You can use this feature to split accounting for a single item.
- Add any comments for approvers or auditors
- Attach electronic version of receipts (retain original copies in department for record retention)
- Approvers will receive email notifying them of the eReimbursement (the funding approver will never be the individual being reimbursed)
See the main page for how Approvals operate for eReimbursement.