How to Reimburse an Individual who is not a UW employee

Starting September 1, 2012, Procurement Services will reject all employee reimbursements submitted via check request. All employee reimbursements (not travel related) must be submitted through eReimbursements.
  1. Complete the Check Request form if expenditures are under $3500. If over $3500 use a PAS requistion. If reimbursing for honoraium travel and expenses see the honorarium page for more information.
  2. Provide a detailed description of the expenditures and the business purpose of the expenditures on the Check Request form.  Begin with the phrase "Reimbursement for..."
    - Food related reimbursements must be on a budget with appropriate food approvals and is still subject to applicable per diem rates.  Note the number of attendees at events to verify expense are within per diem limits. 
  3. Attach original paid receipts. These should be taped to a single sided, 8.5" x 11" white sheet of paper.
    Keep copies for your records.
    - If paid receipts are not available, provide a signed perjury statement.
    - The individual to be reimbursed must sign Vendor's Certificate field on form.
    - Use Tax will be applied where applicable.  More information is available on the UW Tax Office website.
  4. Send the Check Request form (UoW 1570) with attachments to UW Accounts Payable - PAYMAN; Box 351130


 Need Help?

We are happy to assist you with any questions and can be reached by phone or email:

  • Email:  payman
  • Phone: 206-685-5377 


© 2014 Finance & Facilities, University of Washington     PRIVACYTERMS

Was this page helpful? Let us know