The University of Washington is permitted by the state of Washington to pay moving expenses for eligible new or transferring employees. The Lump Sum Moving Allowance is a UW preferred option to facilitate paying an employee for expenses associated with a move to the University.
If you are unable to do a Lump Sum Moving Allowance, please see the Household & Laboratory Moves page.
- Lump Sum Moving Allowance (UW Payroll Procedure)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Personal Moves (Procurement Services FAQs)
- Payment of Moving Expenses Incurred by New or Transferred Employees (APS 34.1)
- Lump Sum Relocation Payment (APS 34.2)
- Lump Sum Relocation Incentive Payment Procedure (UW Human Resources)
Lab / Office Moves
The University of Washington has two options for departments that need to move their lab or office:
For local office or lab moves within the UW Seattle Campus, contact UW Moving Services
For intrastate office or lab moves within Washington State only, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For interstate office or lab moves across state lines, see the Household & Laboratory Moves page
|email@example.com||Reimbursement of travel expenses related to relocation|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||State of Washington Contracted Moves|
|email@example.com||Local office or lab moves|