Relocation Options at UW
The University of Washington is permitted by the state of Washington to pay moving expenses for eligible new or transferring employees. The Lump Sum Moving Allowance is a UW preferred option to facilitate paying an employee for expenses associated with a move to the University.
If you are unable to do a Lump Sum Moving Allowance, please see the Household & Laboratory Moves page.
- Lump Sum Moving Allowance (UW Payroll Procedure)
- Frequently Asked Questions about Personal Moves (Procurement Services FAQs)
- Payment of Moving Expenses Incurred by New or Transferred Employees (APS 34.1)
- Lump Sum Relocation Payment (APS 34.2)
- Lump Sum Relocation Incentive Payment Procedure (UW Human Resources)
Lab / Office Moves
The University of Washington has two options for departments that need to move their lab or office:
For local office or lab moves within the UW Seattle Campus, contact UW Moving Services
For intrastate office or lab moves within Washington State only, email firstname.lastname@example.org
For interstate office or lab moves across state lines, see the Household & Laboratory Moves page
|email@example.com||Reimbursement of travel expenses related to relocation|
|firstname.lastname@example.org||State of Washington Contracted Moves|
|email@example.com||Local office or lab moves|