What qualifies as a payment to a Performer?
Used to pay for artistic performances to UW Students and Non-UW Individuals
- Musical performances
- Dance recitals
Not intended for groups, current UW employees or Foreign Nationals.
Tip: When using a new Non-UW Group (ex: a highschool band), make sure they have signed up as a new supplier using the UW Supplier Registration Form. Please allow at least 2-5 weeks for the performer to be fully registered before a payment can be made.
Know before you begin
Payment rules for performers vary by performer type. In order to assist departments with navigating the different rules, Procurement Services has created the following chart to assist campus.
|Performer Type||Document Needed||Pay Using||Approximate Time to Payment|
|UW Students and Non-UW Individuals||Invoice or contract||Payments to Individuals (P2I)||10 days from date of receipt|
|Current UW Employees||
Student Fixed Fee and Unrelated Duties Payment Authorization form
|Payroll||Depends on date of service|
Supplier Registration form and invoice for payment
$10,000 and under:
1-5 weeks from the date of registration
Non-PO- 5 days from the date approved
PAS PO- 30 days
|Foreign Nationals||Check Request||5-15 days|
How to pay a Service in P2I
- Log in to eProcurement: Click on the "eProcurement Login" image in the quick links box (right-hand side of the browser window)
- Click on the Home tab
- Click Create, then Payment to Individual
- Enter the Title (if possible, include the Payee's last name)
- Select the Citizenship Status of the individual
- Select Performer as the Type of Payment
- Enter the date of activity
- Tip: Payment should not be processed (XP created) more than 2 weeks in advance of date of activity. If activity spans over multiple days – enter the last date of the last day of the activity.
- Answer the Independent Contractor Status Verification questions about individual
- Enter Payee Information
- Click Next
- Add Business Purpose and Amount
- Choose Budget Number
- Click Add to add the item
- Tip: For split accounting by dollar amount, users can copy the item and edit the budget number and dollar amount
- Once all items are added, click Next
- Review payment for accuracy
- Add any comments
- Click Add Attachments to upload scanned attachments (or invoice for service payment type). Do not include personal information like bank account details or address information in either the comments field or on the attachments
- Click Submit
Have questions? Contact email@example.com.