A Non-PO Invoice is an online tool in ARIBA used to make a payment to a supplier when a PO is not required and the invoice is under the Direct Buy Limit.
Familiarize yourself with the types of restricted payments as some payments cannot be processed in ARIBA. To review which payments can be processed through Ariba, see the Exceptions List.
Suppliers must be registered with the UW and enrolled in ARIBA to receive electronic payments.
- It is the responsibility of the Preparer and Approver to ensure that transactions they submit are correct and compliant; read all warnings and errors for each transaction before submitting.
- Ensure that payments are allowable, acceptable, and accurate and the original supplier payment request is on file within the department. Neither Procurement Services nor ARIBA will validate the reason for the payment.
- Be aware that Procurement Services performs spot audits on Non-PO Invoices to ensure transactions are compliant (i.e., items are not on the exceptions list).
- Develop a written procedure for paying Non-PO Invoices within your department. Include approval levels, documentation needs (such as where to store documents and how the Approver receives them for review), and any additional retention period needs.
- Determine who will be responsible for creating Non-PO Invoice payments and assist them with training and obtaining ASTRA access.
- At least one backup Preparer and Approver are recommended in the event someone is on leave.
- Only invoices and subscription or membership vouchers may be used to make payment within the ARIBA Non-PO Invoice module. Quotes, statements, proforma invoices, and packing slips cannot be used to make payment.
- If an invoice is incorrect as billed, request a new invoice with changes from the supplier instead of short-paying the invoice through ARIBA.
- Only pay invoices for items or services that have been received by your department. (Exceptions: Subscriptions or memberships)
- Refer to the Non-PO Invoice Step-by-Step Guide for instructions on how to create a Non-PO Invoice in ARIBA.