Know Before You Buy
The default ProCard single transaction limit is $3,500 and the monthly limit is $20,000.
Never use the ProCard for travel expenses
- Never split charges to stay under the $3,500 single transaction limit. Contact Procurement Card Services if Ariba cannot be used and the ProCard is the only viable option because of time sensitive situations or supplier payment acceptance.
How to Apply
- UW Faculty and staff are eligible to apply for a ProCard, with department/unit approval.
- All applicants using Harborview Medical Center budgets (3120200000 org code) must have prior approval from HMC Resource Management.
- UW Medical Center applicants must have Prior Approval from UWMC Accounting. Applications should be forwarded to:
- Lynn Barnhart
Director of UWMC Accounting
- Lynn Barnhart
2. Complete the ProCard training
- Training can be completed before or after submitting an application form. The ProCard training reviews the business processes, policies and procedures pertaining to proper use of the ProCard, and instruction how to review transactions in PaymentNet.
- Cardholders are also required to take an online assessment test when card is renewed.
3. Complete and submit a ProCard application
Follow these steps:
- ProCard applicants and Administrators must review the card user agreement before the online application is completed and submitted.
- ProCard applicants should work with their Administrator to:
- Determine a default budget number and object code for charges because they are required to complete the online application.
- Ensure that a ProCard Approver is set-up in ASTRA for the default budget.
Online Application Form Instructions
- Cardholder or designate person fills out all of the fields and submits the application. The system will automatically add the ProCard Approver to the approval flow based on the default budget provided on the application. Please note that:
- By submitting the online application, the card applicant/approver agrees with the card's terms and conditions.
- If someone other than the cardholder (designate) fills-out and completes the application, the cardholder is added to the Approval Flow of the request. After the ProCardAppover approves the request, the cardholder is required to go into the online application, edit it, and then submit it again to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Department administrator/authorized Procard Approver reviews the cardholder information and clicks the Approve button.
- The ProCard Central Approver will review and process the application. (New applications are processed weekly.)
- New cardholders must complete the required training before they receive a ProCard account.
PaymentNet 4 is the online system for reviewing transactions and allocating transactions to appropriate budget and account codes. Payments for purchases are processed centrally by UW Procurement Services.
The ProCard should be treated with the same security as a personal credit card:
- Keep it with you or lock it in a secure place
- Do not write any portion of the ProCard number down or share the number with others.
- Only use reputable vendors
- Do not give the P-Card number to a merchant to "keep on file". Sending copies of the front and back of your P-Card to vendors with whom you are doing business is discouraged. This practice opens a greater window of opportunity for fraudulent activity to be placed on the card.
- Beware of random requests for credit card information via email or phone as they are most likely scams. Please contact UW ProCurement Card Services (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you ever have any questions or concerns regarding a suspicious email or phone call.
Lost or stolen cards must be reported immediately to JP Morgan Chase and then to UW Procurement Card Services (206-543-5252):
JP Morgan Chase:
- Inside the U.S.: 1-800-270-7760 / 1-800-VISA-911
- Outside the U.S./Canada: 1-801-281-5825 / 1-410-581-9994