Purchasing & Accounts Payable System (PAS)
PAS Purchasing Functionality is going away in January, 2015
See the eProcurement Quick Reference Guide for information about how you can use Ariba for various functions.
The following enhancements are now available in eProcurement. Campus users can create:
* All purchases over the Direct Buy Limit will be reviewed by a buyer.
Click here for a timeline of other upcoming changes that are part of the Procurement System Modernization.
Topics Covered Below:
- PAS Requisitions
- When to use PAS
- Tips for Campus
- PAS Requisition Pathway
- Purchasing Buyers
- PAS Resources
- PAS Contact Information
PAS requisitions are submitted by campus departments to initiate the purchases above the direct buy limit of goods (when item is not available in eProcurement) and services. Requisitions provide details to describe a needed purchase.
Send attachments from your computer for PAS requests directly to Purchasing using the online Requisition Attachment Portal.
PAS requisitions are the buying method for the purchase of items or suppliers that:
- Plan ahead for your purchases, whenever possible
- Consult with Purchasing Buyers
- Know what you want to buy
- Choose the appropriate buying method
- eProcurement should always be the first choice
- Describe the item clearly
- If you suggest a specific supplier:
- Be proactive about your purchase request:
- For increased efficiency in processing Purchase Orders, please include the following in the "General Comments" section of each purchase requisition:
- Vendor contact email where completed POs should be sent
- UW department contact email address for copying when the PO is sent
- Campus department enters & encumbers requisition
- Requisition goes thru process to get any required approvals
- Requisition is routed to Buyer Assignment (firstname.lastname@example.org ; 206-543-0616) in Purchasing Services and is assigned/released to a Purchasing Buyer
- Buyer evaluates the request, researches essential information, determines the appropriate acquisition method, takes steps to complete the purchase.
- Have delegated purchasing authority
- Are knowledgeable regarding specific categories of goods & services
- Establish and manage contracts with suppliers
- Solicit competitive bids
- Manage risk for campus departments, UW
- Sign contracts and agreements on behalf of UW
- Consult with campus departments about their purchasing needs
Please note: Purchasing Services personnel may need to contact suppliers via phone or fax when conducting a purchase on a department's behalf. Purchasing staff are instructed to use toll free numbers whenever possible, however, if long distance charges apply, staff will place calls using UWATS and the primary budget provided on the PAS requisition will be used. If you want to specify a budget for these charges other than the primary budget on the requisition, please make a note to that effect in the requisition comments field.
Questions or need help with PAS requisitions?
• assigns requisitions to Buyers;
• collects attachments for requisitions
• can assist with budget number changes on requisitions