How to Apply for a ProCard
UW Faculty and staff are eligible to apply for a ProCard, with department/unit approval
Harborview Medical Center Applicants Must Have Prior Approval of HMC Resource Management
All applicants using Harborview Medical Center budgets (3120200000 org code) must have prior approval from HMC Resource Management. Please contact Lillen Namba for further information.
UW Medical Center Applicants must have Prior Approval from UWMC Accounting UW Medical Center Accounting staff needs to review and approve all UW Medical Center ProCard applications. Applications should be forwarded to Lynn Barnhart, Director of UWMC Accounting, UW mailbox at 359415.
2. Complete the ProCard training
Card will be released to the cardholder after the required training is completed.
ProCard training is required. Training can be completed before or after submitting an application form. The ProCard training reviews the business processes, policies and procedures pertaining to proper use of the ProCard, and instruction how to review transactions in PaymentNet. The training is also highly recommended for card reviewers.
Cardholders are also required to take an online assessment test when card is renewed.
Click here to access the ProCard Training page.
Before you begin:
- ProCard applicants and Administrators must review the 'card user agreement’ before the online application is completed and submitted.
- ProCard applicants should work with their Administrator to:
- Determine a default budget number and object code for charges because they are required to complete the online application.
- Ensure that a ProCardApprover is set-up in ASTRA for the default budget.
- For detailed guidance on how to fill out and approve the online ProCard application, refer to: How to fill out/approve an online Procard applicaiton form.
- To fill out and submit the ProCard Online Application, go to: ProCard Online Application.
The cardholder or designate person fills out all of the fields and submits the application. The system will automatically add the ProCard Approver to the approval flow based on the default budget provided on the application.
Please note that:
- By submitting the online application, the card applicant/approver agrees with the card's terms and conditions.
- If someone other than the cardholder (designate) fills-out and completes the application, the cardholder is added to the Approval Flow of the request. After the ProCardAppover approves the request, the cardholder is required to go into the online application, edit it, and then submit it again to agree to the terms and conditions.
- A department administrator/authorized Procard Approver reviews the cardholder information and approves the application (see below).
- The ProCard Central Approver will review and process the application. (New applications are processed weekly.)
- New cardholders must complete the required training before they can be issued a ProCard.
ProCard Approver Steps to Approve an Application
Before the department administrator/authorized Procard Approver can Approve the application, they must first add themselves in as the Procard Approver on the Summary tab. This is to ensure that the approver thoroughly reviews the details of the request before they can click Approve.
The detailed steps to approve the application are:
- On the Summary tab of the WPC, click the Edit button.
- Click on the drop-down arrow to the right of the ProCard Approver field.
- If you see your name select it. If you don’t see your name, click Search for more… .
- Enter your name exactly as it displays in Ariba (e.g., JOHN A SMITH) and click the Search button.
- When your name appears, click the Select button that is to the right of your name.
- Back on the Summary tab, click Submit and then click Save.
- In the Company Form Saved page, click View the status of your request.
- Click on the green Approve button.
- Enter an optional approval comment and then click OK.
Approver and Authorizor Set Up
Your School or College Astra delegator(s) will set up the department ProCard authorizers. Please go to the Astra website to see who can delegate authorizers in your department. https://ucs.admin.washington.edu/astra/
ProCard authorization occurs within the organizational units, allowing the most direct and efficient method for managing ProCard applications.
If you have any questions/concerns regarding this process, please do not hesitate to contact us. Inquiries regarding ProCard and its roles should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org; inquiries regarding ASTRA should be directed to email@example.com.
Departmental "Ghost" Acounts
A Ghost Account is a "cardless" account for recurring departmental purchases. To apply for a Ghost ProCard Account, fill out and submit the ProCard Online Application (described above) and select Ghost from the drop-down menu for the Type of Account.
Express Mail Ghost Account Application
- Use with express mail shipping(DHL, FedEx, UPS)
Ghost Account Application
- Use with specific vendors for scheduled or recurring payments.
4. Global Support
The UW ProCurement Card Services fully supports the University of Washington's involvement and activities around the globe. UW staff based outside of the US may be eligible to receive a ProCard account. Please contact the ProCard office for more information.