Catering, Hotels and Events
UW Procurement Services has negotiated contracts with caterers and hotels as well as many suppliers providing event planning services, equipment rentals, and charters to assist campus with their special event needs. Contracts are available to view at UW Contracts or on the commodity pages listed below.
Benefits of using preferred contract suppliers include:
- discounted pricing
- terms and conditions are already negotiated
- no need to provide a sole source justification for purchases over $10,000
Visit these pages for information specific to each commodity: (pages are coming soon)
Did you know that the University has a department that can provide you with services and support related to organizing and presenting a conference, workshop, or special educational program? Contact UW Conference Management for more information.
All supplier documents that require signature should be reviewed and signed by a buyer in Procurement Services, regardless of the method of payment or dollar amount. Only Procurement Services buying staff have authority to sign documents on behalf of the University. The buyer will review terms and conditions with the supplier so that the final agreement is in compliance with Federal and State laws and University policies.
To submit a reservation or other event document for review by a buyer, please email the documents and any additional information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please allow at least three business days for the buyer to review each reservation.
- If the dollar amount of your request is greater than the 'Direct Buy' limit ($10,000) a sole source justification or quotes from other Suppliers must be provided to ensure compliance with the competitive solicitation requirements. This does not apply if you select a Supplier that has an existing contract with the UW. UW Contracts
- If you have an urgent request, please indicate it as urgent and provide the deadline and all pertinent information in your email.
- Some Suppliers will waive deposits if we supply them with a purchase order (PO). In these instances, a PO is preferred. If a deposit cannot be waived, then a procard or a PO may be used as the method of payment.
- Check to see if the Supplier is in the PAS vendor database, even if you are paying with a Procard. If the Suppier is not found, please provide them with the link to the Supplier Registration Form (SRF).