Individual Travel Cards

The optional UW Travel Card is an individual liability card for faculty and staff who are employed by the University for a minimum of 6 months and is to be used for official University business travel expenses only. Travel card users then seek reimbursement for those expenses from the Travel Office using eTravel. Travel Card holders are required to pay the entire balance on the card.

As a state agency, the University of Washington was required to use state contracts for travel expenses such as airfare and travel agencies. Effective June 7, 2012, the use of state contracts or UW travel accounts are no longer required but are available for use.  The new policy allows higher education to book travel arrangements using the “most” economical means possible. 
Use of a department's Central Travel Account (CTA) account is preferred when booking airfare for efficiency and easy reconciliation. 




© 2014 Finance & Facilities, University of Washington     PRIVACYTERMS

Was this page helpful? Let us know