- The CTA can be used to charge lodging only for
- UW Students.
- NON-UW travelers.
- Five or more UW travelers attending a conference/group event in the U.S. or British Columbia, Canada where the UW is reserving and paying for the block of rooms and prior written approval has been obtained from Card Services (email email@example.com).
- Non-UW travelers who are faculty or staff candidates are limited to per diem.
- Only room and tax should be charged on the CTA. Other hotel charges should be paid by the individual. If the expense is reimbursable, the traveler may submit an Expense Report.
- The department must obtain a folio from the hotel for each room or a statement showing the breakdown of the total charges by room, by night and guest name. This detail should be audited for compliance against applicable regulations and filed with the CTA documentation.
- If unallowable charges are billed to the CTA
- the department is responsible for reconciling these charges to 64-XXXX discretionary funds or
- obtaining reimbursement from the traveler and depositing these funds using a reverse expenditure.
Remember: Do not give the CTA number to the traveler.
Travel agencies are not requesting the CV2 number at this time. However, if you book directly with the airlines by calling their reservations office or via their websites, they may have the CV2 procedure in place.