Verifications provided by the Payroll Office
- Job title
- Employment status (Full/Part-Time, Perm/Temp)
- Dates of employment
Limits on what we provide—
- We cannot provide salary breakdowns, job duties or other personnel data.
- Job information prior to 1990 is not available.
PLEASE NOTE: Yearly earnings probably will not agree with the W-2. The salary amounts listed are Gross Compensation Figures. W-2’s report the Federal Taxable Gross.
Verifications NOT provided by the Payroll Office
Please see the following contact if you are looking to verify one of the items below.
- The employee's home department for:
- Work schedule or attendance
- Hours of timesheet information
- Amount of sick/vacation leave
- Wage/loss insurance forms
- Benefits at 206-543-2800 or fax 206-685-0343 for:
- Benefits eligibility or enrollment information
- Northwest Hospital 206-368-1573 or fax 206-368-1990 for:
- Verification for employees at Northwest Hospital
- Seattle Children’s Hospital 206-987-6948 or fax 206-987-4938 for:
- Verification for employees at Seattle Children’s Hospital
- UW Neighborhood Clinics 206-520-5528 or fax 206-520-5599:
- Verification for staff at UW Neighborhood Clinics
- UW Neighborhood Clinics 206-542-5427 or fax 206-520-5599:
- Verification for providers at UW Neighborhood Clinics
- UW Physician Network fax 206-520-5432 for:
- Verification for employees at UW Physician Network, please note that verbal verifications are not accepted.
- VA Hospital 206-582-4676 or fax 206-658-4293
- Verification for employees at VA Hospital
- Valley Medical 425-251-5160 or fax 425-656-5313
- Verifications without salary for employees at Valley Medical
- Valley Medical 425-228-3440 ext.5734 or fax 425-656-5389
External Customer Verification Requests
For mortgage applications, loan applications, apartment leases, government aid or any application requests requiring proof of employment with salary.
REQUIRED with REQUESTS:
- We cannot verify any information without the full or partial Social Security Number of the employee. Your request will be delayed if we do not have this requirement.
- A signed authorization form is required in order to release salary information on paper requests. We do not release salary over the phone.
- Turnaround time will be 2 business days and verifications are processed in the order they are received. Due to the large volume of requests, we cannot confirm whether or not a request has been received. If you do not receive a response within 2 business days, please re-send your request.
Current and Former Employee Verification Requests
Formal Letter of Verification:
Standard Verification Form:
To request a verification of employment, please fill out one of the following forms:
Online request form is available for current employees only. You will need your UW NetID and Password to log in.
Paper form is available to former employees, as well as current employees. Please send completed form either by fax to 206-543-8137 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Request: Special requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
If you are seeking a list of all current and past positions (1990 forward), or are requesting additional verification information please fill out this form.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Payroll is authorized to complete this form. Please complete Section 1, and mail the form by US Mail to us or drop it off at our office in the UW Tower between the hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. We will complete Section 3 and Section 4 and will inform you when it is ready for pick up, or we can send the form back to you by fax or US Mail. Due to security reasons, we cannot return the form to you by email or Campus Mail. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions.
Send us an email at email@example.com or give us a call at 206-685-8656.