Verifications provided by the Payroll Office
- Job title
- Employment status (Full/Part-Time, Perm/Temp)
- Dates of employment
Limits on what we provide—
- We cannot provide salary breakdowns, job duties or other personnel data.
- Job information prior to 1990 is not available.
Verifications NOT provided by the Payroll Office
Please see the following contact if you are looking to verify one of the items below.
The employee's home department for:
- Work schedule or attendance
- Hours of timesheet information
- Amount of sick/vacation leave
- Wage/loss insurance forms
Benefits at 206-543-2800 or fax 206-685-0343 for:
- Benefits eligibility or enrollment information
UW Physicians 206-520-5711 or fax 206-520-5432 for:
- Verification for employees of UW Physicians
- Contact 206-520-5427 for:
External Customer Verification Requests
For mortgage applications, loan applications, apartment leases, government aid or any application requests requiring proof of employment with salary.
REQUIRED with REQUESTS:
- We cannot verify any information without the full or partial Social Security Number of the employee. Your request will be delayed if we do not have this requirement.
- A signed authorization form is required in order to release salary information on paper requests. We do not release salary over the phone.
- Turnaround time will be 2 business days and verifications are processed in the order they are received. Due to the large volume of requests, we cannot confirm whether or not a request has been received. If you do not receive a response within 2 business days, please re-send your request.
Current and Former Employee Verification Requests
Formal Letter of Verification:
A formal letter of verification is written on UW letterhead and includes an employee's name, current or most recent job title, base salary and employment status.
Formal letters must be picked up in our office by the employee (with photo ID) or mailed via the US Postal Service. They cannot be faxed or e-mailed.
Standard Letter of Verification:
A standard letter of verification includes an employee's name, partial Social Security Number or Employee Identification (EID) number, current or most recent job title, base salary, and employment status. Although not in a letter format, a standard verification is an official UW verification of employment.
Standard employment verifications may be picked up at our office, mailed, faxed, or e-mailed to a recipient.
To request a verification of employment, please fill out one of the following forms:
Online request form is available for current employees only. You will need your UW NetID and Password to log in.
Paper form is available to former employees, as well as current employees. Please send completed form either by fax to 206-543-8137 or email email@example.com.
Special Request: Special requests will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
If you are seeking a list of all current and past positions (1990 forward), or are requesting additional verification information please fill out this form.
Public Service Loan Forgiveness
Payroll is authorized to complete this form. Please complete Section 1, and mail the form by US Mail to us or drop it off at our office in the UW Tower between the hours of 8am to 5pm, Monday through Friday. We will complete Section 3 and Section 4 and will inform you when it is ready for pick up, or we can send the form back to you by fax or US Mail. Due to security reasons, we cannot return the form to you by email or Campus Mail. Please be sure to include contact information in case we have questions.
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 206-685-8656.