Foreign Nationals Working Outside the U.S.
Payments made to a foreign national who performs services outside of the United States are not subject to Federal Withholding tax, Social Security and Medicare tax, nor is there any U.S. reporting obligation
- Complete UW Certificate of Foreign Status
- Instructions for completing UW Certificate of Foreign Status
- Provide proof of citizenship and residency (i.e. copy of picture page of passport)
- Submit a confirmation letter stating that all services will be performed outside of the US. See sample letter.
- Forward to Payroll Office Box 359555
- Completed UW Certificate of Foreign Status
- Proof of citizenship
- Confirmation letter
- Scanned copies are acceptable
UW foreign national employees who live and work outside of the United States will not receive any United States tax forms.