Please Verify which Tax Form is needed
- W-2: UW Employees who received Taxable Salary/Wages
- 1042-S: UW NRA- Foreign Person's U.S. Source Income Subject to Withholding
- 1099-R: UW Retirees- Supplemental Retirement Payments
- Stipend Letter: Non UW Students paid Stipend
How to Replace Forms
If you do not have access to ESS, complete the Request for Paper Tax Form Replacement.
- Contact UW IT at (206)221-5000 and be prepared to provide your UW EID.
- Call your department Payroll Coordinator.
Forms W-2, 1042-S, 1099-R and Stipend Letters can be replaced on ESS (Employee Self Service).
- All employees have access (both current and former)
- Go to the Taxes tab then see the links at the bottom of the page.
- This online tax form is an official copy.
Can’t find a W-2 or 1042-S on ESS?
You may have received a 1098- T or 1099-Misc.
1098-T: UW Students paid Stipend through Payroll Office.
- Tuition Charges, Financial-Aid, Grant, or Scholarship Payments.
- Forms are issued by the Student Fiscal Services Office
- Forms are issued by the Accounts Payable Office.