Employee taxes are a complicated topic and the Payroll Office and Payroll Coordinators cannot give tax advice.
- Federal Withholding Tax - An amount of an employee's wages that an employer sends directly to the IRS as partial payment of that individual's tax liability for the year.
- Social Security and Medicare - Mandatory federal employment taxes.
- Medical Aid/Workman's Compensation - Mandatory insurance tax for workers in the state of Washington to cover work related injuries or illnesses.
- Working Outside Washington - State income tax and U.S. Citizens working overseas.
- Year End
Resources for employees
- IRS Withholding Calculator
- 2014 Payroll Tax Information
- 2015 Payroll Tax Information
- Foreign National Employee Tax Information
- Log in to ESS to change your Form W4 or print replacement tax forms
If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.