Voluntary deductions are agreed upon deductions from wages that are withheld from an employee’s paycheck. These deductions are initiated by multiple offices across campus; including, but not limited to, Payroll, Benefits, Parking, IMA (Recreational Sports Program), Husky Card, and Gift Account Offices. The only deduction which can be changed by the Payroll Office is a credit union deduction.
Although only one account can be entered for a payroll direct deposit, you may choose the option to have a flat dollar amount deducted and deposited into the following two credit unions:
Note: This deduction option is not available with any other financial institutions
To initially set up a credit union deduction:
- Complete the payroll deduction form, found in the links above and contact your credit union directly
To change or stop a credit union deduction:
- Email to email@example.com
- The University does not manage employee’s credit union accounts.
- If an employee wants their deduction to be allocated between two different accounts such as checking and savings, they must contact their credit union directly and make arrangements.
- To guarantee processing, all payroll related forms and requests must be received no later than 1:00 pm, 6 business days before payday. Any paperwork received after this deadline will be processed only if time is available. Otherwise, it will be processed for the following payday.
Questions regarding how to start, change, or stop a deduction contact the departments below. The following deductions are NOT managed by Payroll Office.
- Insurance (Medical and Dental, Long Term Disability, Life and other Optional Insurances): Benefits Office (Email)
- Retirement Plans, VIP and Deferred Compensation: Benefits Office (Email)
- Dependant Care, Flexible Spending and Health Savings Account: Benefits Office (Email)
Parking and U-Pass
- UW Campus- Commuter Services (Email)
- Harborview – Harborview Parking Office (Email)
- Bothell Campus - (Phone: 425-352-3246)
- Tacoma Campus –Tacoma Parking Office
- WFSE/AFSCME (Washington Federation of State Employees)
- SEIU 925 (Service Employees International Union)
- SEIU Healthcare 1199 NW
- WSNA (Washington State Nurses Association)
- UAW (United Auto Workers) –UW Graduate Student Union
- AFT (American Federation of Teachers)