Payroll direct deposit is the process by which your paycheck is electronically deposited to your checking or savings account.
- Funds become available in your bank account on payday. If not, please contact your bank directly.
- Direct deposit can only be sent to one bank account. It cannot be split up among multiple accounts.
- Direct deposit can be made to any financial institution within the United States.
Benefits of Direct Deposit:
- Peace of Mind: No worries about mail delays and lost or stolen checks.
- Prompt Payment: Deposits are credited on payday.
- Convenience: No special trips to pick up and deposit checks.
- Freedom: Payments are automatically deposited to your account, even if you are out of town or ill.
- Savings: No check cashing fees. Many banks offer free checking and other incentives for UW employees using direct deposit.
- Timeliness: Earnings information is available on Employee Self Service three days before payday.
Online Direct Deposit
NOTE: if link not available click 'Earnings,' then 'Direct Deposit.'
NOTE: if you do not have a check available, please verify your routing and account information with your financial institution.
NOTE: Please update your campus information (Email/Work Phone) in ESS under the Address tab in order to receive notification from the Payroll Office in the case that your direct deposit account is rejected. If we are unable to contact you, we will have to issue a paper check instead.
Get started now - Click here to go to Employee Self Service
Closing or Changing your Bank Account Information:
Payroll Deductions to Credit Unions
Links to Credit Unions and Banks
- Go to Employee Self Service (you must have a UWNetID).
Click the 'Sign up for Direct Deposit' link on the welcome page.
- Select 'Start or Change Account' and enter the requested information from your check.
You will receive an e-mail confirmation of the change within 24 hours of updating your Payroll Direct Deposit.