Payroll direct deposit is the process by which your paycheck is electronically deposited to your checking or savings account.
- Funds become available in your bank account on payday. If not, please contact your bank directly.
- Direct deposit can only be sent to one bank account. It cannot be split up among multiple accounts.
- Direct deposit can be made to any financial institution within the United States.
Benefits of Direct Deposit:
- Peace of Mind: No worries about mail delays and lost or stolen checks.
- Prompt Payment: Deposits are credited on payday.
- Convenience: No special trips to pick up and deposit checks.
- Freedom: Payments are automatically deposited to your account, even if you are out of town or ill.
- Savings: No check cashing fees. Many banks offer free checking and other incentives for UW employees using direct deposit.
- Timeliness: Earnings information is available on Employee Self Service three days before payday.
Setting up Direct Deposit
NOTE: if you do not have a check available, please verify your routing and account information with your financial institution.
Closing or Changing your Bank Account Information:
Payroll Deductions to Credit Unions
Links to Credit Unions and Banks
- Go to Employee Self Service (you must have a UWNetID).
- Click the 'Sign up for Direct Deposit' link on the welcome page.
- Select 'Start or Change Account' and enter the requested information from your check.
- You will receive an e-mail confirmation of the change within 24 hours of updating your Payroll Direct Deposit.