Leaving the University
Ending your employment with the University
This action is considered a "Separation" from the University. If you are moving from one department (campus, hospital, etc.) to another, that is not an end of employment and is not a separation from the University of Washington.
If you are separating from the UW, here are some additional reminders:
- Be sure the Payroll Coordinator in your department is informed of your last day.
- If you are retiring, it is critical that your department know this is the reason for your separation from the UW. Make sure you have all the facts about retiring from the UW.
- Confirm when your OWLS record will be completed (separation payments cannot be made until the OWLS record is complete and the form has been processed by Payroll).
- If you are an hourly employee on UW Timesheet, be sure all timesheets have been submitted for approval.
- Employees are responsible for notifying the Parking Office when they leave the UW. Failure to do so could result in continuing parking fees after separation.
Moving to another UW department
If you are not separating, it is important that your department knows you are moving to another department at the UW so that your information can be processed correctly in the payroll system.