Build, Run & View a Query
Querying Using a Template
Query templates are pre-filled with criteria and report fields that will help you retrieve appropriate results. You can also modify templates to further refine a query. Templates require you to, at minimum, fill in steps 1 and 3a.
- On the Queries drop-down menu, select Create New
- Select a Query Template from the list of Reporting or Expense Transfer Templates.
- In step 1, enter the budget number(s), OR select a budget list, OR enter an organization code to query
- Report fields have been pre selected in step 2; add or remove report fields as needed
- In step 3a, select the time period you want to query
- Step 3b has been prefilled to refine the query results—if you aren’t sure what the filters will do, leave them! Note: Leaving a value blank in a line of additional criteria will not adversely affect your query results.
- Refine your query further, add additional lines of criteria in step 3b if needed.
- Select the query output format
- Name your query and select Save & Run (strongly recommended*)
- Query results will appear on the Status & Results page after the query is complete
* If you name and save the query you will be able to run future queries from your customized template; find the customized template on the My Saved Queries page
Running or Revising a Saved Query
- On the Queries drop-down menu, select Status & Results
- Select Save & Revise from the Queries results menu
- Select Run to re-run the query or Revise to change it before re-running
Viewing Query Results
The Status & Results page is a temporary holding area for query results. Queries that have been run will post on this page, allowing you to easily retrieve query results. All query results will be deleted after 5 days.
- Select Status & Results from the Queries dropdown menu
- Click Done - View Results; results will open in the format selected on the query
- If no results are returned, select Save or Revise Criteria to adjust query before re-running
Have questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions about Queries
* Click + to see a template description on the Create New page
* Report fields are the columns of data you see in your query results
*Name and save your query to reuse later!