Faculty Effort Training Classes and Materials
- Classroom Training Opportunities
- eLearning Tutorials
- Supplemental Training Material
- UW Websites
- Federal Websites
- Modifying an FEC Using Comments and Adjusting Cost Share
- Modifying an FEC, Changes Outside eFECS and Recertifications
- Managing Faculty Effort
- Faculty Effort and Faculty Cost Share, Calculate it Right
- Salary Limitations - Salary Cap and K Awards
- Using the Tools - Calculators, Worksheets and Reports
For a full description and to Register for these classes
Through lecture and interactive hands-on activities, students will be introduced to system features, be made aware of the FEC business process and be provided with a review of eFECS functionality. The course will cover how to make adjustments to Faculty Effort Certification reports (FECs), how faculty certify their effort electronically and will provide information on additional tools and resources to support and train faculty on electronic certification within eFECS. It is recommended that Introduction to Faculty Effort Certification be taken before this class. Tutorial runs approximately 45 min- 1 hour.
- Retroactive Salary Adjustment Report: Report assists department in determining when a recertification is necessary by identifying salary transactions processed after an FEC has been certified.
- Faculty Effort Certification Dashboard Report: Provides departments with current status of effort reporting by org code and FEC cycle.
- 100% Sponsor Funded Faculty Report: Displays Faculty who have made grant proposals during periods they were paid 100% from sponsored funds.