|Management Accounting and Analysis
- Review and approve rates for recharge centers, and the associated journal vouchers (JVs), in a timely manner.
- Maintain a list of all the equipment asset numbers and their depreciation/use allowance amounts, which are included in the recharge rates.
- Provide rate setting guidance to recharge centers.
- Approve the establishment of recharge centers.
- Comply with Federal regulations regarding the treatment of recharge centers in the facilities and administrative rate computation.
- Track recharge center rate proposal, financial statement, depreciation JV submission, and billing timeliness. Contact centers as needed.
- Review year-end balances for recharge centers to ensure that any surpluses or deficits are included in the rates for the following year(s).
|Recharge Centeri Management
- Comply with Recharge and Cost Centeri Rate Policy and other policies and regulations associated with recharge center operations.
- Request the establishment of a recharge center or cost center from the Dean's or VP's office.
- Annually calculate and apply recharge center rates uniformly to all internal users. Submit these rates to MAAi.
- Bill all customers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Prepare and retain documentation for the costs, billable units, and any other information used to develop recharge rates.
- Annually submit a list of the Equipment Inventory Office's (EIO's) equipment asset numbers depreciated/amortized in recharge center rates to MAA. This information should be attached to the journal voucher to record deprecation.
- Request equipment reserve, inventory, and other accounts from MAA, as appropriate.
- Prepare the journal vouchers (JVs) needed to depreciate equipment, etc.
- Ensure only allowable costs are included in the recharge center rates.
- Notify MAA when it is anticipated that:
- New services/products will be provided, or costs will significantly change.
- The recharge center will no longer be operational.
- Prepare and submit quarterly financial reports.
|School, College, or Department
- Ensure all recharge centers comply with the Recharge and Cost Center Rate Policy.
- Ensure rates only include costs directly related to the operation of the recharge center, and to the service/product the user receives.
- Provide funding for costs not included in the recharge rates and for unallowable costs.
- Review and approve rates for cost centers.
- Fund deficits that cannot be recovered through the rates.
- Establish and close recharge center operating account, equipment reserve account, inventory, and other accounts as appropriate.
- Process journal vouchers (JVs) for recharge centers.
- Review, on a periodic basis, the records, operations, and practices of recharge centers.