Printing and Screen Capture Tips
How to Capture a Picture of your Screen using a PC
- Make sure the window you want to caputre is visible
- Press the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard
- Open Microsoft Word
- Go to the Edit menu and choose "Paste"
- Go to the File Menu and choose "Save"
- Navigate to the folder where you want to save the Word document
- Type a file name for the Word document and click the "Save" button
How to Capture a Picture of your Screen using MAC OS X
Any of the following instructions will enable you to capture a screen print.
- Comand-Shift-3: Take a screen shot of the screen and save it as a file on the desktop.
- Command-Shift-4: Then select and area. Takd a screen shot of the area and save it as a file on the desktop.
- Then space, then click a window. Take a screen shot fo the window and save it as a file on the desktop.
- Command-Control-Shift-3: Take a screen shot of the screen and save it to the clipboard.
- Command-Control-Shift-4: Then Select and area. Take a screenshot of the area and save it to the clipboard
- Command-Control-Shift-4: Then space, click the window. Take a screen shot of the window and save it to the clipboard.
In Leopard and later, the following keys can be held down while selecting an area (via Command-Shift-4 or Command-Control-Shift-4):
- Space: to lock the size of the selected region and instead move it when the mouse moves.
- Shift: to resize only one edge of the selected region.
- Option: to resize the selected region with its center as the anchor point.