Follow Up Process
Management Accounting and Analysis will follow up on delinquent Faculty Efforti Certification (FEC) reports.
- Delinquent FEC reports are defined as those not certified by the "Complete By" date established for each respective FEC cycle.
- This date is clearly displayed on each individual FEC.
The follow up procedure involves written notification sent to the faculty member, Department Administrators and Chairs and FEC Coordinators as follows:
- One day after the "Complete By" date:
- Notification is sent to the FEC Coordinator responsible for reviewing the FEC and a copy to the faculty member whose FEC is delinquent.
- Two weeks after the "Complete By" date, if the FEC is still not certified:
- Notification is sent to the Department Administrator with copies to the faculty member, and the FEC Coordinator.
- Four weeks after the "Complete By" date, if the FEC is still not certified:
- A third and final notification will go to the Department Administrator with copies to the Department Chair Person, faculty member and the FEC Coordinator with instructions to remove the unsupported salary charges from any sponsored agreements reflected on the uncertified FEC.
- MAAi will continue to follow up on all delinquent effort reports until they are certified. This follow up includes weekly email and phone calls to Department FEC Coordinators and Administrators.
MAA is unable to grant extensions on the due date for FECs. It is therefore critical that review is timely to avoid any delinquent reports.