Access & Roles for eFECS.
What's Included in the Online FEC?
The Online FEC provides a detailed view of:
- Actual payroll activity that supports effort percentages (IBS earn types) during the FEC period for the faculty member. Refer to GIM 35 for a listing of IBS earn types.
Salary sources are grouped by "Sponsored Programs" and "Other Salary Sources."
- University of Washington Physician's (UWP) and Children's University Medical Group (CUMG) clinical salaries are displayed under "Other Salary Sources".
- Budget level drill-downs include salary transactions and salary expense transfers* that affected the reporting period
- K Award Budgets indicated with a 'K' (no more K award addenda required) in the K column
- Comments attributed to an FEC by an authorized individual
- Embedded salary cap calculations
- Certification status
- Other reporting periods drop down selector
- Links to the Summary FEC (available after certification has occurred)
- Link to list of FEC Coordinators authorized in ASTRA for the faculty members home department
*Note: Salary expense transfers affecting salary within the current reporting period will be reflected on an un-certified FEC within 24 hours after posting to MyFinancial.desktop. Salary expense transfers which occur after an FEC has been certified AND which change the distribution of salary on sponsored budgets may require a recertification of the effort. Learn more about recertification.
The following links provide resources for in-depth descriptions and instruction:
- How to Certify an FEC (Step-by-step instructions for certifying an FEC)
- Learn More About Comments (Provides guidance regarding the comment section of the FEC)
- Cost Share Key terms and Instructions (For adjusting the actual cost shared effort reflected on an FEC)
- Components of an Online FEC (Provides definitions and terminology for items displayed on an FEC)