Online Certification Is Here!
The newest phase of the eFECS project (Online Certification) has moved the paper based FEC process online.This project phase has been developed with input from various campus user focus groups, a process improvement team and dedicated beta and pilot testers. Key business process changes for Online Certification include:
- Faculty login on the web application and certify their effort reports within the electronic system. Effort reports are considered complete once the faculty certify.
- Management Accounting and Analysis will review trends in the effort report data to assess compliance and identify training opportunities.
- New enterprise reports are available to assist departments in their review of effort reports.
- Central notifications will be sent to FEC Coordinators and faculty during each FEC cylce announcing the availability of effort reports.
- Cost share adjustments and comments will also be managed within the electronic system.
These business process changes combined with new system features will reduce compliance risk, save department time and results in paper cost printing savings. Please check out the training links for details on how to use the system.
Release and Testing Timeline